The Nexus 5 Android 4.4.3 OTA is rolling out in waves so you may not have received it yet. For those of you that do not want to wait for the KTU84M OTA to push automatically, there is a way to manually update the Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.3 using ADB.
- Download the update and save it to your adb folder
- Turn your Nexus 5 off and then reboot into bootloader mode by holding Power and Volume Down
- Select Recovery using Volume Up and press Power to confirm
- At the red triangle, press Volume Up then Power and you should see the recovery menu
- Press Volume Down to highlight Apply update from adb and press Power to confirm
- On your computer, open a terminal window and enter the command:
adb sideload d173d546ab2347ead90cb0978657f11046300511.signed-hammerhead-KTU84M-from-KOT49H.d173d546.zip
The update process takes about 4 minutes. Once completed, reboot and enjoy!
Direct Download: Google (92.1MB)
Have a tech question you want to see answered? E-mail me and it could become our next post.